This is a community resource. If you want to visit the city website, please click here
EMERGENCY ORDERS – Austin, Texas
- Austin Shelter in Place Order
- Order of Control for Mass Gatherings and Critical Infrastructure: Social Gatherings of more than 10 people are banned, other gatherings must use social distancing practices (6 feet of separation between people). The order says that staying home is the safest choice whenever possible. The social gathering ban does not include: childcare facilities, schools (if open), hospitals, clinics, homeless shelters, encampments, and soup kitchens. Bars and restaurants must close their dining/serving areas until May 1 and can ONLY provide takeout/to-go/curbside food service- March 21, 2020
- Order of Control Measures for Healthcare Facilities
- Governor Abbott Declares State of Disaster In Texas Due To COVID-19 (effective March 13)
Local News – Austin (Austin Public Health)
- Austin City Council Approves 60 Day Grace Period for Owed Rent
- List of Updates Pertaining to COVID-19 by the Austin Statesman
- City of Austin COVID-19 information and resources
- The Austin Transportation Department is installing temporary customer pick-up zones in support of local restaurants that are transitioning to take-out and delivery-only service.
- Preliminary results from a UT Austin model suggest, without strict limits on daily contacts, COVID-19 may overwhelm Austin-area hospitals.
- Manor ISD Resource Page: https://www.manorisd.net/Page/5291
- Manor ISD extends Spring Break March 16-April 3, classes expected to resume April 6
- Manor ISD providing food distribution (breakfast and lunch) for students Monday-Friday 11am-12:30pm at drive-thru pick-up spots
- Manor ISD student under surveillance for COVID-19: http://www.cityofmanor.org/page/homepage_news
- Declaration of Disaster
- Closure of City Facilities
- A collaboration, Round Rock Cares, raises $100,000 to help small businesses that need help amid Coronavirus.
- City of Pflugerville COVID-19 resources
- Pflugerville shuts down playgrounds, pavilions and sports courts
- PfISD closed until April 3, will provide curbside meal distribution
- Pflugerville restaurants restricted to drive-thru, take-out, and delivery
- Pflugerville issues public health emergency
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has developed an interactive online map of COVID-19 cases for Texas that is updated daily.
- Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order that requires people flying into Texas from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Orleans to be quarantined for 14 days or for the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Texas. The order goes into effect Saturday, March 28, at noon. Gov. Abbott said it is a criminal offense to defy the order, punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, up to 180 days in jail or both.
- First case of coronavirus in a Texas prison.
- Hospitals will be able to treat more than one patient in each room. All non-critical surgeries postponed
- Texas State Health & Human Services Resource page: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
- Governor Abbott Executive Order Relating to COVID-19 Preparedness and Mitigation- issued March 19, 2020
- Limits social gatherings to 10 people, prohibits eating and drinking at restaurants and bars while still allowing takeout, close gyms, ban people from visiting nursing homes except for critical care and temporarily close schools. (effective midnight Friday March 20th through midnight April 3)
- COVID-19 Resource for Job Seekers: https://twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-job-seekers
- Timeline tracking of COVID-19 spread in Texas: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/timeline-covid-19-in-dallas-fort-worth-texas/287-ebb355b0-aa66-482c-a193-dc3eca441218
- Governor Abbott twitter account
- Governor Abbott expecting tens of thousands of cases leading to precautionary measures such as closing restaurants and bars: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/19/texas-restaurants-bars-closed-greg-abbott/
- State Health Department’s guidelines on handling coronavirus: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Executive Order on Prioritizing and Allocating Health and Medical Resources to Respond to the Spread of Covid-19: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-prioritizing-allocating-health-medical-resources-respond-spread-covid-19/
- Department of Justice has asked Congress to craft legislation allowing chief judges to indefinitely hold people without trial and suspend other constitutionally-protected rights during coronavirus and other emergencies
- Coronavirus Guidelines for Americans by White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/coronavirus-guidelines-america/
- CDC Info about Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Travel Precautions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs. Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Info about COVID-19 from World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- FAQs about COVID-19 from WHO: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
- A world meter of all the COVID-19 cases that are around the world. Click through to specific countries, like the US.