We do not take donations on this website. If you are able to give back, here are a couple of non-profits we recommend supporting. These organizations are working to service communities in need of resources.
- A Call for Masks! Our healthcare workers need supplies (Masks in particular) to protect themselves and our community! If you can donate please fill out the link. Calling schools/universities lab science departments we need you! IF you are interested in volunteering to sew masks or you have access to a 3D printer please reach out to the organizer by clicking on the link above.
- Central Texas Food Bank-Is a registered 501(c)(3), which means they are not a religious, political or advocacy organization. They work with food donors across the country, financial supporters and volunteers to fill unmet food needs in Central Texas
- Central Texas Food Bank needs cardboard boxes (uniform size, like banana boxes from grocery stores) and paper bags, at scale (~150,000).
- If you are looking to donate food, contact 512-222-7769 or fill out this online survey. Central Texas Food Bank, Keep Austin Fed, and Save the Food Austin are pooling resources to get this food to those in need in our community.
- Food Donation information for businesses will be added to City’s COVID-19 Business Resources page soon.
- Stand with Austin-The Stand With Austin Fund was established in partnership with the Entrepreneurs Foundation to receive charitable donations to support nonprofits assisting individuals and small businesses most negatively impacted by the cancellation of SXSW and least able to recover on their own.
- Banding Together-The Red River Cultural District (RRCD) is Banding Together with the Austin live music community to support the venue workers, musicians, creatives, service industry and production workers that rely on regular programming and continual income to survive.
- www.ilostmygig.com-this site is designed specifically for locals of Austin, Texas who lost work due to the SXSW cancelation. We are receiving a large volume of requests for folks outside of Austin.
- T3 Think Tank-This GofundMe was started Thursday, March 6 to drop significant tips to service workers, hospitality staff, and entertainment workers laid idle from the cancellation of SXSW in our hometown of Austin.
- Austin Voices for Education and Youth-mobilizes the community to improve public education and expand opportunities for students and families. We work in partnership with community leaders, young people, parents, and educators to build successful schools and strong neighborhoods.
- Asian Family Support Services of Austin’s Crisis Fund-(formerly SAHELI) is a nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas, that provides assistance to Asian and other immigrant families dealing with domestic violence, sexual assault and trafficking.
- Foundation Communities’s Emergency Assistance Fund-Foundation Communities is a Texas, homegrown nonprofit. We provide affordable,
And more coming soon!